Princess Cruises & Alaska Cruises Direct
Reveal 2021 Alaska Cruises and Cruisetours
- New! Regal Princess debuts in Alaska, sailing roundtrip Seattle on Sundays on seven-day Inside Passage cruises, opposite Emerald Princess on Saturdays.
- Royal Princess, Star Princess, Sapphire Princess and Coral Princess, sail between Vancouver and Anchorage (Whittier) on the popular Voyage of the Glaciers itinerary, with two glacier-viewing experiences. Guests sailing on these voyages can choose to take a cruisetour, traveling through the interior of Alaska to Denali National Park before or after their cruise.
- Ruby Princess becomes the largest ship to sail on the cruise line's 10-day Inside Passage voyage, roundtrip from San Francisco offering guests the added bucket-list experience of sailing under the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sun Princess homeports out of both Vancouver and Los Angeles, sailing on 7 day Inside Passage cruises roundtrip Vancouver in early summer, then offering 14 day Inside Passage cruises roundtrip Los Angeles later in the summer.
- Coral Princess offers a 12-day Inside Passage cruise in May, roundtrip from Vancouver, featuring Glacier Bay National Park, Hubbard Glacier and Prince Rupert, B.C.
- More Ashore late-night stays on many voyages in Alaska's capital city Juneau.
- Back by popular demand! 17-night Ultimate Princess cruisetour featuring two nights at each one of the five Princess wilderness lodges with visits to five national parks. The services of a tour director and most meals on land are also included.
- This season, five ships in Alaska will be MedallionClass (Regal, Royal, Ruby, Emerald, and Coral). Star Princess will also feature MedallionNet, the best Wi-Fi at sea.
Princess Cruises offers key product differentiators in Alaska, including:
- Award-winning North to Alaska program featuring Cook My Catch, an exclusive culinary program allowing guests to return from select Princess fishing excursions only to have the chef prepare their very own catch of the day. Also offered, the crowd-favorite Puppies in the Piazza, where real Alaska sled dog puppies are brought on board for guests to interact with.
- MedallionClass-enabled cruise ships, powered by OceanMedallion, the most advanced wearable device in the global hospitality industry, delivering a hassle-free, personalized vacation that gives guests more time to connect with loved ones, make new friends and enjoy what they love most about cruising.
- Exclusive Discovery and Animal Planet shore excursions, giving guests opportunities to catch a glimpse of Alaska wildlife, including bears, whales, bald eagles and more. In addition, Princess has partnered with a team of local experts in Alaska to give guests even more exclusive and authentic experiences ashore as part of the cruise line's award-winning Local Connections program, like cooking with an Alaska chef or going on a photo safari with a nature photographer.
- Two unique perspectives to see Denali, the tallest mountain in North America at 20,310 feet from two lodges – Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge and Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge.
- Exclusive Direct to the Wilderness rail service, taking guests directly to and from their cruise ship to the Denali area.
- More remote lodge locations including Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge, overlooking Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge, near Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Unique Alaska experiences including a treehouse at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge built by Pete Nelson of Animal Planet's Treehouse Masters. In addition, lodge guests will hear first-hand tales from mountain climbers who have conquered Denali as they tell their exhilarating stories in the Hudson Theater.
- Fannie Q's Saloon and Fireside Patio at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, named after the famous local Alaska pioneer Fannie Quigley, is located in the center of the property and features a modern saloon ambience with indoor and outdoor seating, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The fireside patio offers a new gathering place for guests to roast marshmallows, talk about their adventures and have a drink under the midnight sun.
- Scholarship Donations: Princess Cruises granted 14 local graduates a college scholarship totaling $34,000 for students graduating from Ketchikan High School, Skagway High School and Tri-Valley and Cantwell High Schools in Healy.
- Masters of the Sea totem pole: To thank the local community of Ketchikan, for supporting Princess Cruises over the last 50 years, the cruise line dedicated a specially-crafted totem pole to this charming coastal town. The Masters of the Sea totem pole, housed at the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau, was crafted by local carver and cultural ambassador as part of Princess Cruises North to Alaska program, Kelly White. The totem pole was carved onboard Ruby Princess.
Captain's Circle Savings
Princess Past Guests are eligible for a special promotion when they book early. The special promotion consists of a discount up to $100 per person off the public fare, based on itinerary. This can be combined with launch and group promotions. These discounts do not apply to third or fourth berth guests. Additionally, a reduced deposit is available for Captain's Circle guests when they book early.
More information about Princess Cruises' 2021 Alaska season is available by contacting this professional travel advisor, Alaska Cruises Direct by calling 800.365.1445 or visit the company's website at www.alaskacruisesdirect.com
1Recognized as a destination leader, more guests choose Princess in Alaska than any other cruise line.
Meaningful, Authentic, Personal and
Exclusive Alaska Experiences Crafted and
Hosted by Local Experts.
Get a close-up look Into the local lives of chefs, artists and seafaring captains in the unique ports of Alaska, designed to connect guests with the people of the destination, and offer them interactive experiences with local chefs, artists and expert guides.
With a total of 15 featured shore excursions in four Alaska ports, Princess Cruises has partnered with well-known chefs, artists, wildlife experts, seafaring captains and much more.
•Icy Strait Point - Cooking in Alaska's Wildest Kitchen with Alaskan Chef: Learn to prepare wild, natural and sustainable Alaska seafood in a hands-on tasting session hosted by wilderness chef Dodie Lunda. Living on a floathouse for 23 years in remote Alaska made her a creative and accomplished cook.
•Juneau - Culinary Demonstration with Alaskan Chef: Winner of 2017's Great American Seafood Cook-Off, Chef Lionel Uddipa takes local Alaska flavors and ingredients and updates them with modern flair. During the one-hour cooking lesson you can witness the exquisite creations of this inspiring chef and artist as he shares how evolving and creative cooking can be used with Alaska's bounty of fresh seafood.
•Ketchikan - Ketchikan Photo Safari with Nature Photographer: Photographers and outdoor enthusiasts will thrill to an excursion designed for the novice, as well as the professional. Led by one of three local photographers, your guide will share area history, facts and stories as you travel from six to eight different sites in a Ford transit passenger van through town and into the wild.
•Skagway - Ghosts & Goodtime Girls Walking Tour Created by Madam Jan: Learn about the strong and courageous women of the past as you hear stories from Red Onion Saloon owner and "head madam," Jan Wrentmore. This excursion celebrates their enterprising spirit.
Other Alaska Local Connections shore excursions include:
Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest Created by the Allen Family
Discover Alaska's Whales – A Small-Group Experience Created by Alaskan Captain
Whale Watching & Mendenhall Glacier Photo Safari Designed by Alaskan Photographer
Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show & Axe Throwing Challenge Created by Champion Ironjack
Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour Created by Captain David Lethin
Ketchikan Pub Walk Created by Bar Historian
Skagway Street Car City Tour with Storyteller
White Pass Rail Bennett Lake & Yukon Adventure Created by Train Historian
Hands-On Kitchen Science with Alaskan Chef
Golden Glassblowing Experience at Jewell Gardens Designed by Glass Artist
Princess Cruises has an expansive offering of Alaska cruise and cruisetour vacations on sale now. As the cruise line that hosts the most passengers in Alaska, Princess Cruises offers a variety of cruise and cruisetour options highlighting the state's must-see attractions, including Glacier Bay National Park and Denali National Park. Alaska cruises range in length from seven to 12 days and depart from Vancouver, Anchorage (Whittier), Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
The cruise line also owns and operates five wilderness lodges nestled in scenic riverside locations near National Parks offering more than 20 unique cruisetour options for guests. Princess cruisetours highlight the best of Alaska by combining a seven-day cruise with a multi-night land tour and exclusive "Direct to the Wilderness" rail service – giving travelers a seamless Princess vacation experience in the Great Land. Guests who have booked Princess Cruises to Alaska can pre-reserve Local Connections Shore Excursions online for each port their itinerary visits, or on board with a knowledgeable Shore Excursion team member.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through this professional travel advisor, Alaska Cruises Direct by calling 800.365.1445 or by visiting the company's website at www.alaskacruisesdirect.com
SOURCE Princess Cruises